Meet Amy Leo: singer-songwriter, mental health educator and host of the What We Should Have Learned in School podcast! (My heart swooned when I heard the title of her podcast for the first time!!) You might have caught her on season 8 of the The Voice of Finland.
I recently had the pleasure of sitting down with Amy to talk about learning Finnish, languages and learning in general – a common interest we share, seeing as we’re both married to Finns. We had so much fun that we ended up doing a 2 part episode (under 20 mins each!).
So here’s what we covered in part 2’s episode:
- What to consider if you only speak English (or even your native language plus English)
- Perfectionism and how unrealistic expectations hold us back
- One of the biggest time & energy leaks in people who fluctuate in the belief of whether learning Finnish is possible or not
- How process-based thinking is a blessing and a game-changer in terms of having fun and seeing progress fast
- Also, my pep talk/favourite advice if you’re struggling and want to hear something you probably haven’t heard before.
- PLUS: watch all the way to the end for our blooper surprise! (Hint: I was also surprised :O)
You can find the episode in classic podcast format by click here, or there’s also the option to watch a video of our convo, below:
Please leave me a comment below with your thoughts and insights on the episode after you’ve had the chance to watch!